6.12.07

This poem

The Wall, surprised me when I was finished with it. It actually did not take me long at all to write and it is the longest poem of mine to date. My friend Travis referred to it as a mini epic. It was written near the end of 2005 after I had moved back to Tucson form Tulsa to where I am living now at Homers. I had moved to Tulsa for 6 months to give a relationship a go. That would be William. I, like so many others, was very angry after the war started and I think this poem was about letting go of it and some other things form our historical past as well as my familial past. Yes... I was quite angry and disturbed after the war began.
I have nothing to say that hasn't been said already so I will refrain. Now here we area all these years later after bush declared it over and my sister declared "I think it had a good outcome". I'll say nothing more.
I thought to burn my car in a busy intersection. Fortunately I had no gas can and no flag to burn with it and quite frankly would not have done it anyway. LOL But I did loose my car in a storm. I was living in Cascabel where I park in an alluvial area that washes infrequently. It had flooded before in an awesome storm. Well... I sat on the knoll as another monster storm came up from the south. I stayed out till it became impossible to do so. I didn't bother with the car. Later I mentioned to a friend how I thought it odd that I didn't move the car considering I knew it would wash. She simply said that she thought that I wanted it to happen. I think that is true. Only when I was young did I fancy cars and it was in my 20s when the loathing began. For many reasons but mostly for our complete disregard for the true cost of the auto industry and oil. I really wont say more because we all know even if we deny it. Its not that I don't think we should have cars its just our lack of responsibility concerning the whole issue and the unending ignorance.

No comments: