6.5.09

Perspective


What do you see when you look at this picture? It makes me think of something very specific: The place between.

Perspective shapes everything we see but I think too many of us are unaware of that. I know I was when I was younger. But I learned that many of my thoughts were not really mine, but echos of others for better or worse and, unfortunately, too often worse. Thoughts formed with words and deeds and obvious contradiction or apparent reward. Thoughts formed by the mouths and actions of others--others acting out others thoughts. What is true freedom?
Perspective: The place from where we watch the world and all that is on it, in it, over it, surrounding it; whether real or the grandest of illusions--be they nightmare or dream. The place from where we walk in the world. This place is variable and often unknown. What we see is a reflection of ourselves.

But who's looking in the mirror?

In general, it's a pretty simple picture. But I see with everything I think.

No comments: