22.8.11

THEY SHALL FIND US


Me:
Happy in my space,
Creating.
My hands your hands.
I wished to share the work of those hands,
Say, Hey!
I found my way.

Joy

And your eyes bright with love.
Your eyes my eyes.
Im sure we could have been friends,
Before we got in the way,
Before your ghosts came back to haunt you--
Desperate and Despair of your fathers.

Poison for your pain?

Yeah, we could have been friends
Once we found our own separate ways which were always one.

I remember the day I left your battlefield bed,
The tormented station where you waited for a moment.
- You bore the sins of your fathers and your children are redeemed -
Walking away, I am hesitation in motion.
I knew I would never see you again.

A few days later:
Your youngest wayward stands in the field of your moment
And with a whisper you are released from the fight.
"Now I can" you said
And promptly left your battered form
Leaving the living alone together--
Each one their own separate story.

I remember my evening of the day you left:
Standing with peace on my starry knoll,
Speaking with the wind,
I knew, knowing nothing, that you watched from your infinite place--
Eternity before you.
We smiled.
I remember.

A week later:
A cordial gathering of tensioned strangeness,
A hollow church,
A sermon of sympathy,
Spoken by those who never knew you to those who never knew you--
Sons and daughters without a father.

He had no father before him.

Two more days:
Again we wonder our own paths
Bittered with your debris--
Ignorance and innocence
Passed from father to father to father.

We stumble with frowns and angry fingers.

But you did not kill the elders,
Shadow the way with me, me, me.
Us can not comprehend it.
But still,
As the illumined numbers forever turn,
Watching over sleepless nights,
We shall walk in our own right way
And comfort in the wisdom of our ancestors.

No comments: