27.6.09

DePave


   Today I had what may be my most best day yet in Portland. Im not sure why I say that as Ive had some great days here involving people I have met. Today I went to volunteer with a group called DePave. It's their mission to get the pavement out of town and replace it with food based gardens and or native plantings. They were so welcoming and real and everyone enjoyed themselves. And of course, they are doing something I believe in. Now, I am helping them. 
   Afterwards, we met at a members house for beer provided by Widmer, a local brewery. So many new and genuine faces and I did not feel uncomfortable at all. Wow, have I finally grown up? Matured?   (:

     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Portland? I've lost touch.....but there you are in Portland.

Thought about you recently when Robert bought me the entire Battlestar Galactica series....

Hope all is well.

Stephen Michael
tucsonstephen@gmail.com