7.2.11

GOOSE NOISE



Ah... the sun feels so good on my being. And the wind is at my back. Im at the place between with a bunch of geese, and though spring's full glory is still a couple months away, there are already signs of it everywhere, to include this sun. I've noticed while out and about that hellebores and witch hazel are blooming, and some trees and shrubs are showing signs of life in their wood. I even spotted a couple cherry trees the other day while on a walk with my friend Patrick that were blooming. In February?

That noise! It sounds like there is some chastising going on amongst the geese behind me. Nothing violent, just a lot of squawking. The geese in front of me are quite content walking about with their heads down munching on a green carpet of fresh new growth--grass and various herbs. There are three right near me which are not the least bit bothered by my presence. They are quite used to people. Some even think them a nuisance.
Perhaps that's why the bozo with the little dog made a deliberate detour from the paved path to this trail where I sit so his dog could get a thrill chasing big birds. Of course the geese were riled and flew off with a lot of commotion.
Nothing serious, though the incident makes me think that there will always be callous and ignorant people, just as there will always be vile and violent men who are quick to murder masses for material gain and power to control--presidents and puppets. But, will there? Always? Not if we can make a leap in consciousness--wake up. Is the 'leap' as simple as that--to wake up--to become conscious? The thought of it builds but the resistance is immense. There is too much noise and the dominant culture seems contrary to real consciousness. It itself has been built with distraction and deceit on a foundation of blood and bones. Still, I add my intent to the awakening.

How is it that in this age of information there is still so much ignorance? That there are too many too easily misled? The bonds of faulty traditions come to mind. We've let our personal sovereignty and responsibility slip. We've become to dependent in to many ways - mind, body, and soul - while maintaining an illusion of freedom.

Oh, for now I'll just contemplate spring--its signs of being are everywhere.

As it is on this earthly plane so it is on others. The seen and the unseen.


No comments: