29.11.07

El dia de los muertos

 is my favorite celebration of the year. Halloween is cool too because I like to be in costume and in that regard it is very much like dia de los muertos. For Day of the dead however there is an emphasis on honoring, mourning, celebrating those who have passed on and I should add, on celebrating life and the living. In Tucson it is the first sunday of november. Its not fashioned after the traditional dia de los muertos but is a mixture of the traditional with a definite Tucson flare. My first awareness of its celebration and existence was my first attendance 5 years ago. I dressed up as a raven during that one too and I had more fun than I ever expected. I had even more fun this time because I was with some friends (the pics) We for the most part got separated during the parade but found each other at the end and hung out for a bit being silly. Thanks to all who hung with me. I would not have enjoyed the evening as much with out you. Tim, Laura, Maraline, Chris, and Travis.

No comments: