5.11.07

Personal Influence

Ive been stuck walking circles.
Possessed by a desperate fact.
I cant find my way out of this
labyrinth.
This elaborate maze of tricks I fool me with.
My own creation
I'm sure.
Analyze the situation.
Think it through to know conclusion.
To no conclusion.
My mind is blind to the wisdom of the heart.
Drags it through cold
sterile rooms
of
sterile steel instruments
cut for
sterile investigations.
Slice through the questions to find more questions.
This scalpel pains my child
but he is a fortress.
His vision stands clear as he whispers
"Be still and know that I am"
But the spinning compromises my senses.
My vision blurred.
My hearing slurred.

Yeah,
Ive been stuck.

"Forever forward"
My chosen mantra.
Words so easy from the
tongue.
But I move forward in my influence going nowhere.
My declaration:
With no
trepidation
I will reach back and grasp the hand of the child.
An open palm possessing all I ever need
to live.
To learn.
To love.
In the wisdom of his innocence
he will lead me forward forever
to a table set
where we who sit shall not feast alone.

Now I laugh.
I love you
my constant companion on a holy path.
I cant help but smile
and even if I spin I shall not stumble
for I focus on that which always is,
which will never be again.
A very moment in my hand.
A point somewhere between fantasy
-our hopes and dreams haunting us toward the truer light-
and reality.
Truths
which at their worst
-dark and unable to comprehend that light-
in vicious fear
consume life and love.
Truths
which at their best,
are the light,
illumine the sacred,
and reveal the god we all are.

This is where we play;
With our feet in a fertile earth,
and eyes of wonder turned
toward the starry infinite.
Come!
Take our hand.
Yes we go to feast but...
Oh!
The journey.

No comments: